Sunday, September 7, 2008

The New York Times Magazine


- The New York Times Magazine this week had two really great spreads of photos. The first, and sticking with my black and white theme for the day, is from photographer Lynsey Addario. Addario illustrates Dexter Filkins story about the Taliban and Al Qaeda establishing a safe haven in Pakistan's tribal areas along the Afghan border. The photos are beautiful and some of my favorite documentary work I have seen in a while. Read the story and see the rest of the work here.



© Lynsey Addario

- The second story was photographed by one of my favorite photographers Tierney Gearon. Since I first saw her show/documentary The Mother Project I have been a huge fan of Tierney. Although there are only two photos I love them both and Tierney's usual style shines though to her commercial work. The article by Susan Morgan is about the Mulleavy sisters who are soon to be fashion's next big thing and also includes behind the scenes pictures by Autumn de Wilde. See it all here.



© Tierney Gearon

No comments: