Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Asako Narahashi


- I forgot to write about one show I saw last week which was Asako Narahashi at Yossi Milo Gallery. I had been looking at the pictures on the internet for a while before finally seeing the show and I couldn't decide what I thought of them. Seeing them in person was obviously the way to make a true judgment, but I was left with the same feeling. There were a few really beautiful images (my favorites are posted here) but the others didn't really do it for me at all. Although Narahashi's process is kind of interesting because she only learned to swim five years ago it reminds me of something like what Jörg was talking about here. I didn't have a chance to look through the whole book but the series looked more impressive as a whole. I just can't wait for the Alessandra Sanguinetti show to open on September 4th, that is going to be one not to miss.



© Asako Narahashi

No comments: