Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tierney Gearon


- Tierney Gearon is one of my favorite photographers, she has a new show opening today at London's Phillips de Pury & Company. The show features new work which is quite a departure from Gearon's autobiographical family portraits. The new series titled Explosure uses double exposures where the compositions and themes act in contrast to each other. From her statement, "Through talking with my steidldangin publisher Pascal Dangin, who inspired me to double expose my images by taking pictures of myself, then exposing them on top of whatever I wanted. I felt incredibly stimulated and creatively challenged by this idea and knew that I could do something amazing and push my images a step further. This creative explosion inside me was the beginning of the double exposure project." See more of the new work here on the galleries website and her past work here.



© Tierney Gearon

No comments: