Monday, October 6, 2008

Aperture Talks This Week


Jessica Todd Harper: Artist's Talk
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
6:30 p.m.


Susan Meiselas and Alfredo Jaar: In Conversation
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
6:30 p.m.


Aperture Gallery
547 West 27th Street, 4th floor
New York, New York
(212) 505-5555


- I will definently be there on Wednesday and hopefully on Tuesday if I can get out of work. Latin American politics is another interest of mine so Wednesdays event will be especially interesting for me. I've seen interviews with Alfredo Jaar and the way he explains his work is really amazing without being overly pretencious and I'm quite excited to hear Susan Meiselas talk about her own work. Susan Meiselas also has a exhibition up at the International Center of Photography in New York City displaying pictures from her series Nicaragua: June 1978 – July 1979 , be sure to check that out as well.

No comments: